Lake Mburo National Park is a very special place in that every part of it is alive with variety, interest and color. The park is known for its richness in biodiversity. It has 68 different species of mammals. The common ones are zebras, impalas, buffalos, topis and elands that are herbivors and leopards, hyenas, jackals that are predators. The park also has more than 315 different species of birds including the rare shoebill stork, papyrus yellow warbler,African fin foot, Saddle billed stork, Brwon chested wattled plover, Carruthler’s cisticola, Tabora cisticola, Great snipe, Abyssinian ground horn bill, white winged warbler, Harrier hawk, green pigeon, Narina trogna, Grey backed cameroptera and Double toothed barbet. The woody vegetation of Lake Mburo is dominated by Acacia species, ole species and Boscia species and some of the common tree species are markhamia, platycalyx, sapium, erythriana and accacia.
The presence of Lake Mburo within the park is a blessing. The lake is rich with a diversity of animal and lant species, which can only be viewed clearly while on a boat trip. These include hippopotami, crocodiles and birds like pelicans, black crake, heron, cormorant and fish eagle.
- Game Drives: there are several tracks you can drive and see plenty of wildlife such as zebras, giraffes, topi, impalas, buffalos, warthogs and so much more. Here you can also arrange for a guided night game drive to try your luck with the nocturnal like the leopard.
- Launch cruise; this is a guided boat trip that last approximately 1hour 30 minutes along Lake Mburo where you will see hippos, crocs, water birds, buffalos, among others.
- Walking safaris: these are guided walks with in the park. The walk gives the visitor a chance for a close encounter to the wildlife…..it’s a unique experience that lasts between 2 to 3 hours.
- Birding: there are strategic viewing platforms and swampy valleys in the park to increase your chances of seeing some of the many bird species including the rare Red Faced Barbet which can only be seen here in Lake Mburo.
- Horse back safaris: this is an amazing way to see wildlife in the park. It’s quiet, calm and very peaceful as you ride amongst the animals. Animals to see include zebras, giraffe, impalas, among others.