Grab a $250 USD discount and visit the Greatest of the great Apes – THE Mountain Gorillas found in Bwindi Impenetrable and Mgahinga Gorilla National Parks in Uganda – THE Pearl of Africa! The Uganda Wildlife Authority is offering discounted gorilla permits this November as follows; $350 USD per person per permit for Foreign Non-residents, $300 USD per person per permit for Foreign Residents living and working in Uganda with proof of residency/work permit/visa from 2 years onwards and UGX 150,000/= per person per permit for East African Citizens. We here at Amazing Gorilla Expenditions Ltd can help with booking the gorilla permits as well as accommodation in any of the sections in Bwindi Impenetrable NP, arrange for transportation to and from Bwindi NP or better still, package the whole Gorilla Experience as well as other Uganda Wildlife Adventures for you!
During the peak time of June – mid October and December to February, gorilla permits go for $600 USD per person for Foreign Non-residents, $500 USD per person for Foreign Residents living and working in Uganda with proof of residency/work permit/visa from 2 years onwards and UGX 250,000/= per person for East African Citizens. This juicy discount and offer is a great opportunity to pay less yet get a lifetime memory!
Mountain Gorillas are only found in Uganda, Rwanda and the Democratic Republic of Congo and there are approximately 786 Mountain Gorillas remaining in the world. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and Mgahinga Gorilla National Parks are a home to more than half of the world’s wild mountain gorilla population. Bwindi Impenetrable NP was declared a Natural World Heritage Site in December 1994. The mountain gorillas are not only powerfully built Apes but also very beautiful, unique and legendary creatures. A visit to these most endangered Apes in their natural habitat is absolutely a magical, rewarding, and thrilling lifetime experience. In fact, a one-on-one encounter with these gentle giants, also Africa’s major highlight is such a rare and moving opportunity!!!
Gorilla tracking activity can be done all year round though most visitors are received in the months of June to mid-October as well as from December up to February when it is dry.
Getting yourself ready for the experience:
You need to be very well prepared for this lifetime experience both physically and psychologically putting in mind that Bwindi is an Impenetrable forest.
Here are some of the things you need for a successful gorilla trekking;
- Good quality walking boots; this is a mountainous forest park whose terrain may at times be challenging so boots with good traction at the bottom are recommended.
- Garden Gloves; there times when you may need to hold onto tree branches, roots and stems here the gloves will protect you from scratches and germs.
- Waterproof bags: these will safeguard your camera equipment and documents from rain. Remember Bwindi is rain forest!
- Drinking Water, packed lunch and snacks: gorilla trekking can be as long as eight hours so having enough drinking water and packed lunch is a must for all.
- Sunscreen and a sun hat: for sun protection when trekking outside the forest.
- Extra batteries: don’t miss that life time moment when you run out of batteries so take some extra and make sure your gadgets are fully charged the night before.
- Bug spray / insect repellant: this will protect you from insect bites during the trek.
- Walking stick: at times you may need an extra foot so take a walking stick with you; these are provided prior to the trek or you can bring your own.
All in all, a visit to the Mountain Gorillas is an Absolute highlight of any trip to Uganda!